EXPERIENCED SOUTH CAROLINA TRUCK ACCIDENT LAWYERS
FIGHTING FOR JUSTICE FOR VICTIMS OF TRUCK CRASHES THROUGHOUT THE STATE
The experienced South Carolina injury attorneys at the law firm of McGowan, Hood & Felder, LLC, understand how serious truck accidents can be. When accidents happen involving tractor-trailers, 18-wheelers, big rigs and other large trucks, the injuries can often be extremely severe, sometimes even fatal. When someone survives a crash with an 18-wheeler, the catastrophic injuries they come away from the accident with may have a lasting impact on the individual’s life. That’s why it’s critical that injury victims contact us immediately. We will fight to protect your rights and get you the compensation you rightfully deserve.
Our knowledgeable South Carolina truck accident attorneys are familiar with the common causes of truck accidents, including speeding truckers, tired truck drivers and distracted truck drivers. We also know how to deal with all different types of truck accidents, whether you were injured in a jackknife truck accident or wide turn truck accident.
TRUCK ACCIDENTS CAN BE COMPLICATED. WE CAN HELP.
Truck drivers and their employers must be held accountable when they have acted carelessly and caused serious injury. But truck accident cases are rarely simple. The driver who caused your accident may deny wrongdoing. His or her trucking company may try to say you caused the accident.
Trucking companies and their insurance carriers typically begin investigations within hours of the crash to protect their interests. They will look for any evidence that might minimize the fault of the driver or the company. That’s why you need to level the playing field by contacting an attorney as soon as possible. At McGowan, Hood & Felder, LLC, our South Carolina truck accident lawyers are committed to getting justice for our clients who have been injured or lost loved ones in South Carolina trucking accidents. Whether we settle your claim or file a personal injury lawsuit on your behalf, we pursue compensation for your medical expenses, lost wages, pain and suffering and other losses.
TYPICAL TRUCK ACCIDENT INJURIES
According to the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA), there were 691 fatalities and 24,000 injuries in large truck crashes in the United States in 2013. Truck accidents can cause a wide range of injuries including:
- Head and neck injuries. Severe injuries to the head and neck are a common occurrence in truck accidents.
- Spinal cord injuries. In a truck crash the spinal cord can be terribly injured or broken leaving the injured person partially or completely paralyzed.
- Traumatic brain injury. The tremendous forces involved in a truck accident can cause the brain to smack up against the inside of the front of the skull and then against the back of the skull causing varying degrees of injury, some of which can have a lasting impact on the victim’s life
- Amputations. Truck accident victims can face the difficult task of facing the rest of their lives while dealing with the loss of a limb.
- Broken bones. Broken arms, legs, feet, shoulders can happen in a truck crash.
- Burn injuries. A passenger vehicle may erupt in flames causing severe burns.
Unfortunately, fatal truck accidents are also common on I-20, the William Earle Berne Beltway, I-26, I-95, I-85, I-77 and other roads and highways throughout the state. When they have lost a loved one in a fatal accident, families must may want to consider filing a wrongful death lawsuit in order to recover compensation for the terrible loss of their loved one.
CHOOSING THE RIGHT TRUCK ACCIDENT LAWYER
There are a lot of injury attorneys out there, and choosing the right one can seem difficult. You want a lawyer who is going to do what is best for you and your future – someone who will fight for you, and who has what it takes to handle complex claims in front of a jury and in settlement negotiations. When it comes to choosing the best truck accident lawyer for your needs, you should look at:
- Experience in truck crash cases. While everyone must start somewhere, you want to choose an attorney who has several years of practice in resolving truck accident cases. Truck crashes are complicated because they tend to involve serious injuries, have many potential causes and defendants, and require familiarity with state and local transportation regulations. It is also important that the lawyer you hire has access to the experts you need such as accident reconstruction specialists, and medical experts.
- How is the prospective attorney viewed in the community? When you ask your colleagues and friends about them, do you get a good impression? You want a lawyer with a reputation as a strong advocate for their clients, an effective negotiator, and someone who is willing to take the fight to court if the insurance companies are not being fair. Trucking companies are often huge corporations with a team of aggressive lawyers, whose singular goal is to pay as little compensation as they can get away with. You want a lawyer with a reputation for being able to stand up to the pressure.
- Responsiveness and client care. It does not matter how great your truck accident attorney is if you cannot get them to respond to your phone calls. You want a lawyer who values you and your case. The right lawyer should be one who answers your questions, keeps you abreast of how your case is moving forward, and who sees you are a person with needs and goals.
- Record of successful verdicts and settlements. As you narrow down your list of possible truck accident lawyers, review the verdicts and settlements on their website to get a feel for the kinds of cases they have won. Also, read the testimonials they have received from satisfied clients.
If you have questions after your or a family member’s truck accident, at McGowan, Hood & Felder, LLC, we have the answers you are looking for. We are one of the premier truck accident law firms in South Carolina, and we put our years of experience to work for our clients every single day. We thoroughly investigate the accident, and we work with the trucking companies and their insurance companies to make sure you are fully compensated for your injuries and loss of income if you are unable work. We handle everything for you so you can focus on what really matters–your recovery.
CONSIDERING FILING A TRUCK ACCIDENT LAWSUIT IN SOUTH CAROLINA? EXPLORE YOUR OPTIONS
If you were injured in a trucking accident, you may quickly feel overwhelmed by the insurance company red tape. Medical bills can add up quickly. You may face a mountain of confusing paperwork. Do you know how to negotiate a fair settlement with a large insurance company? Do you know how much your case is worth? A professional South Carolina truck accident attorney knows the answers to these and many other questions about trucking accidents.
You don’t have to face these challenges on your own. Demand justice. Expect more. Contact McGowan, Hood & Felder, LLC, and schedule a free case evaluation. The sooner you contact us, the sooner we can help you get your life back on track. Call 803-327-7800 or fill out our contact form today to find out more.