South Carolina Loss of Limb Attorneys Are Strong Advocates for Injured Victims
Professional legal counsel for amputees
The loss of an arm, leg, foot, hand, finger or toe is a life-altering experience. It means an accident victim cannot perform many of the physical tasks he or she could have done before the accident. The ability to earn a living may be in jeopardy. Teaching children, interacting with a spouse, or just taking a walk or eating food may now be extremely difficult. Moreover, the physical adjustments often pale next to the emotional adjustment of living with a missing body part.
At McGowan, Hood & Felder, LLC, our South Carolina amputation attorneys appreciate how challenging life without a limb can be. We work with our clients to help them get the compensation they need so they can focus on learning to adjust to this new life and, when possible, to live with prosthetic devices or adaptive equipment. Our attorneys fight to determine why the accident happened and to prove the amputation was required because the accident caused the loss of a limb. When a traumatic amputation occurs, our lawyers have the experience and track record to help you get full medical, wage loss and emotional compensation so you can get a fresh start.
Types of accidents that cause a loss of a limb
A loss of limb can occur when there is a violent collision that generates extreme force. When that violent collision is caused by someone else’s recklessness or careless, this is known as negligence in legal terms. Our South Carolina loss of limb attorneys handle cases of negligence involving:
- Auto accidents
- Truck accidents
- Motorcycles accidents
- Construction location accidents
- Defective product accidents
Another type of negligence that can necessitate the amputation of a body part is medical malpractice. Health providers who fail to treat an infection, overprescribe or fail to monitor a drug, operate on the wrong body part, or fail to properly diagnose or treat a disease such as diabetes can be liable for any surgeries and pain their careless acts cause.
Your rights in amputation lawsuit cases
Our South Carolina amputation lawyers have obtained millions in settlements and jury trial verdicts for our clients. We obtain these results, once negligence is proven, by demanding compensation for all of the financial and emotional losses South Carolina law allows. Our demands may include payment for:
- Medical bills. This includes the cost of surgeries, doctor visits, prosthetic devices and medications.
- Physical and occupational therapy. Most amputees need to spend a lot of time learning how to live with their new situation.
- Personal support and home health care. Some individuals who have lost limbs may need an in-home nurse or caregiver or additional medical assistance.
- Lost wages. You may be entitled to compensation for lost income while you are getting surgeries and therapy plus compensation for any inability to work in the future.
- Scarring and disfigurement. We can assist you with obtaining compensation for the physical scars and changes in your appearance post-accident.
- Diminished quality of life. Our attorneys help compensate you for the emotional, social, and mental fallout from the accident.
Serious, debilitating injuries, whatever the cause, require first-rate professional help. The South Carolina amputation lawyers at McGowan, Hood & Felder, LLC, consult orthopedists, neurologists, physical therapies and economic valuation experts to help determine the full extent of your medical needs and the costs that will be needed to pay for your care – for the rest of your life.
Rely on our South Carolina attorneys after you or a loved one has lost a limb
McGowan, Hood & Felder, LLC, are dedicated, driven, and committed to delivering results. Your loss of limb accident case matters to us. If you suffered the loss of an arm, leg, foot, hand, finger, toe or multiple limbs, let us help you obtain the justice and compensation you deserve.
Contact McGowan, Hood & Felder, LLC, today. Call 803-327-7800 and schedule a free case evaluation with an experienced South Carolina loss of limb and amputation accident attorney, or fill out our contact form from any device. We proudly serve people throughout the state from offices in Columbia, Anderson, Rock Hill, Sumter, and Georgetown.