A Wide Range of Legal Services for South Carolina Victims
Helping the injured throughout the state when they need us the most
We at McGowan, Hood and Felder, LLC, have dedicated ourselves to helping South Carolina families just like yours get through challenging, often frustrating legal processes when their lives have been disrupted by medical negligence, auto accidents, dangerous products, and other causes. For nearly 20 years our attorneys have been there when needed most, fighting aggressively and proactively on behalf of clients and families throughout South Carolina. We ensure that justice is obtained, futures are secured, and needs are met.
We focus our efforts on a broad spectrum of law
McGowan, Hood & Felder, LLC, is a firm of well-known South Carolina medical malpractice lawyers. We are also prepared to handle other types of cases, from those involving one person to those involving hundreds; from Workers’ Compensation to Federal anti-trust and class actions with settlements of a hundred million dollars, and more. Our practice area includes:
- Medical Malpractice. When you place yourself in the hands of a doctor, surgeon, or other healthcare professional you do not expect them to perform miracles; but you do expect them to hold to accepted standards of care for their professions. Malpractice is committed if that standard of care is breached and you are injured as a direct result. If you are a victim medical malpractice, look to us for help.
- Dangerous Drugs. Today’s pharmaceuticals are sophisticated combinations of natural and synthetic substances that fight physical and psychological disorders by altering your body’s chemistry. All drugs have risks, but some can be more dangerous than the conditions they are supposed to treat, and may cause serious injury, fetal deformity, or death. We also boast one of the premier mass torts legal groups in the country, which has recovered millions on behalf of clients through multi-district litigation and class-action lawsuits. We have an outstanding reputation for all matters of complex litigation, and collaborate with colleagues here in South Carolina and throughout the U.S. to ensure the most favorable outcome possible.
- Nursing Home Abuse and Neglect. Nursing homes are places where the elderly are supposed to receive long-term care and medication in a healthful environment. Unfortunately some nursing home staff neglect, or even mistreat the helpless, disabled patients in their care. When you discover that an aged relative has been living in filth, been fed substandard food, or has been assaulted by a staff member, a South Carolina medical malpractice lawyer is the person to whom you should turn.
- Truck Accidents. South Carolina is crisscrossed by major interstate, state, and local highways, most of which have a high volume of truck traffic. When a large truck collides with a smaller vehicle, the result is almost always serious injury or death to the other vehicle’s driver. We have handled innumerable truck accident cases and obtained fair compensation for victims and their families.
- Motorcycle Accidents. A motorcycle rider is one of the most vulnerable people on the road. A bike is small, unprotected, and difficult to see, yet there are enough of them on the road that careful, prudent drivers of other vehicles stay aware of them. A motorcycle accident nearly always results in serious injury, and often in death, to the rider.
- Automobile Accidents. The 2013 report of the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration shows that South Carolina is a dangerous state in which to drive, with a total of 767 motor vehicle fatalities in that year. The state’s fatality rate of 1.57 fatalities per 100 million miles traveled was nearly 50 percent higher than the national average (1.09). If you are the victim of an automobile accident, who will stand up for your interests if the other person’s insurance company pressures you to make a hasty settlement?
- Personal Injury. Our personal injury lawyers have focused for years on protecting the rights of those who could not protect themselves when negligence or defective products and services caused them severe or catastrophic injury, or when it has led to the tragic and wrongful death of a loved one.
- Construction Accidents. The construction industry is one of the most dangerous areas of work. Construction sites are filled with hazards that can cause catastrophic injuries or death: machinery, excavations, scaffolding, debris, and toxic chemicals, to name a few. Not every injury that occurs on a construction site is covered by Workers’ Compensation.
Additional practice areas
Other areas in which we provide legal services include:
- Antitrust law
- Business litigation
- Premises liability
- Negligent security
Put your trust in the South Carolina law firm that puts people first
Contact McGowan, Hood & Felder, LLC, a law firm dedicated, driven, and committed to delivering results. Call 888.302.7546 today, and schedule a free case evaluation by an experienced South Carolina medical malpractice attorney, or fill out our contact form from any device. McGowan, Hood & Felder, LLC proudly serves people throughout South Carolina, with offices in Columbia, Anderson, Rock Hill, Sumter, and Georgetown.