South Carolina Serious Injury Lawyers Fight for Brain, Burn, Spinal Cord, Amputation and Other Personal Injury Victims
First-rate representation for serious injury victims across South Carolina
Personal injury victims who suffer serious or catastrophic injuries can face a lifetime of severe difficulty. The injuries can be life-altering. Financially, the cost of around-the-clock medical care or long-term care can be devastating. Emotionally, serious injuries can mean an inability to enjoy life’s pleasures such as enjoying family and friends or just getting some fresh air. Career-wise, long-term injuries can prevent you from ever working again or forcing you to work at a much lower salary.
Serious injuries require top-notch legal advice. Whether you were hurt on someone’s property, injured in a vehicle accident, the victim of medical malpractice, hurt at work, or mistreated in a nursing home; our lawyers have the experience to fight for all your compensation. We work with your doctors to make sure we know the long-term extent of your medical condition. At McGowan, Hood & Felder, LLC, we hold wrongdoers accountable. It’s all we do. Each South Carolina serious injury attorney at our firm understands how to prove liability and how to make sure every damage claim is considered.
Type of serious injury cases McGowan, Hood & Felder, LLC, handles
The attorneys at McGowan, Hood & Felder, LLC, have decades of experience helping victims of:
- Traumatic brain injuries. Brain injury symptoms are not always immediately apparent. Our first recommendation is that victims get immediate medical attention if they suffer any head trauma. Brain injury complications include loss of consciousness, a possible coma, confusion, depression, difficulty speaking, loss of cognitive function and a host of life-changing problems. These injuries often require extensive physical therapy, expensive in-home care costs and multiple doctor visits. Our lawyers work with neurologists, psychologists and other medical professionals to fully analyze the long-term treatments needed.
- Burn injuries. Burns are some of the most horrific injuries one person can endure. Burns often affect multiple body parts and functions. Damage is often to the skin, nerves, muscles and even a person’s bones. Burns usually leave the victim disfigured and having to cope with the psychological as well as the physical pain. Treatment can take years or last a lifetime. Many patients need to undergo multiples surgeries.
- Spinal cord injuries. The human spinal cord connects the brain to the rest of the body. Because of this crucial connection, a spinal cord injury can cause paralysis. Partial paralysis patients can often function if they get necessary treatment. Patients with complete paralysis, or quadriplegia, lack sensory and motor functions in both the upper and lower extremities. Both types of paralysis and other spinal cord injuries such as infections face can result in a lifetime of medical bills.
- Amputation. Amputations are an extremely traumatic experience. Even when the surgery goes well, the victim must continue life without one or more limbs or arms. The loss of a limb often directly impacts the victim’s ability to work and to enjoy life. For most people, the psychological scars are just as overwhelming as the physical ones.
- Wrongful death. When someone tragically dies, the family members have the right to bring a claim against the wrongdoer. A South Carolina serious injury attorney will explain this complicated area of the law. We explain which family members are entitled to benefits and what damages the family members can get. We also discuss whether a survival action can be brought for the victims’ pain and suffering
Damages in catastrophic injury cases
High medical expenses and loss of income often accompany catastrophic injuries, and if a family member dies in an accident, you may suffer through financial difficulty in addition to your grief.
Victims of serious injuries often see their lives turned upside down. They may not be able to earn any more money and will need to pay for care for the rest of their days. Family members often have to care from them unless they can afford long-term or in-hoe care. Some of the compensation claims our South Carolina serious injury lawyers demand include money for:
- Physical pain
- Emotional suffering
- Lost income
- Medical expenses
- Rehabilitative therapy
- Occupational therapy
- Loss of enjoyment and loss of consortium (which means the injury impacts the victim’s ability to maintain a sexual relationship with a spouse)
Our lawyers fight to get you every dollar you deserve.
Seriously injured victims and families can put their trust in our South Carolina law firm
McGowan, Hood & Felder, LLC, are dedicated, driven, and committed to delivering results. Your serious accident injuries matter to us. If you suffered a serious or catastrophic injury or a loved one died because you were hurt in any type of accident, let us help you obtain the justice and compensation you deserve.
Contact McGowan, Hood & Felder, LLC, today. Call 803-327-7800 and schedule a free case evaluation with an experienced South Carolina serious injury accident attorney, or fill out our contact form from any device. We proudly serve people throughout the state from offices in Columbia, Anderson, Rock Hill, Sumter, and Georgetown.