Rock Hill Truck Accident Lawyers
The South Carolina firm you can trust to protect you after a collision with a commercial truck
When we say “commercial truck,” you probably think of those 18-wheeled behemoths on Highways 901, 5 and 72. Whether the commercial vehicle is considered a tractor-trailer, or it’s a smaller delivery box truck, you can be seriously injured in a crash with one. Commercial truck accidents can lead to complex legal battles – and that is when the experienced Rock Hill truck accident attorneys of McGowan, Hood, Felder & Phillips, LLC, can help you the most.
For the last two decades, our team of injury lawyers has helped countless families here in Rock Hill and across South Carolina obtain the compensation they need and deserve after a collision with a commercial vehicle. If you or your loved one was hurt in a crash, you can rely on our family to protect yours.
What counts as a commercial truck?
Semis, big rigs, 18-wheelers, tractor-trailers – give them any name you want, but they’re all the same type of vehicle. These types of commercial trucks can cause immense property damage and serious injuries when they collide with another car, vehicle, or stationary object. However, many South Carolina drivers find themselves involved in accidents with:
- Delivery trucks
- Garbage trucks
- Dump trucks, or other construction vehicles
- Snow plows (a more common occurrence in SC than you might think)
- Postal trucks
- Farm vehicles
Any larger vehicle that is used for commercial purposes might be considered a commercial truck. Even though they are often smaller than the tractor-trailers you see on the road, all commercial vehicles have a lot of the same problems. Their size makes it harder for the drivers to stop quickly, their cargo can shift unexpectedly and cause the truck to swerve or tip, and unsecured loads can fall onto the road or onto unsuspecting drivers or motorcyclists.
How do Rock Hill truck accidents happen?
The South Carolina Department of Public Safety reports that, in 2017, 1,637 people were injured in accidents involving large trucks and 65 people were killed. Our state’s busy roads and often unpredictable weather contribute to these accidents – but so do careless drivers and negligent trucking companies with unsafe business practices. Common causes of truck crashes include:
- Defective truck parts
- Distracted driving, like texting or eating behind the wheel
- Driver error, including traffic violations like speeding, reckless driving, and tailgating
- Drunk or drugged driving
- Fatigued and drowsy driving
- Improper hiring practices
- Improper or negligent maintenance
- Unsafe road conditions
- Violation of hours-of-service regulations
Our attorneys launch an investigation to find out exactly who or what was responsible for your accident and injuries. Sometimes an accident occurred due to multiple factors, and we work to find all causes and negligent parties.
How much is my truck accident claim worth?
There is no “one size fits all” with a personal injury claim. The value of your accident claim depends on many variables, including:
- Costs of current and future medical treatment
- The amount of liability assigned to the trucker or trucking company
- The extent of your physical injuries
- The scope of your pain and suffering
- Your current insurance coverage related to your claim
- Your future prognosis
- Your lost income and future earning potential
Before you accept or sign any type of settlement from an insurance company, you should know what your case is worth. Insurance companies often try to take advantage of accident victims by offering low settlements in an attempt to get them to sign away their right to litigation.
Do I really need a Rockville truck accident lawyer?
The answer to that question is almost always a resounding “yes.” Any time you have sustained an injury, it is a smart idea to seek experienced legal counsel. Our Rock Hill truck accident lawyers do more than represent you in court or during negotiations. The team at McGowan, Hood, Felder & Phillips, LLC, will:
- Review all of your documentation.We collect, review and collate your medical records, your police reports, your insurance policies and any bills you receive as a result of the accident. We make sure your claims are filed correctly and in a timely manner, and work hand-in-hand with your doctors and specialists to ensure that your documentation is up to date.
- Put our network of resources to work for you.Our firm may bring an accident reconstruction expert on to help bolster your case. This is an especially helpful tool if your case goes to trial, because the jury will be able to physically see how the collision occurred.
- Document evidence to prove fault.Commercial truck accident cases are complex. The fault may not only lie with the driver who hit you; you might have additional claims against the company for whom the driver works, or the manufacturer of the truck itself. We work non-stop to discover who is liable for the accident in order to hold that person or entity accountable, and ensure that justice is served.
- Help you plan for your immediate and long-term future. After an accident, you’ll have a lot of decisions to make; it can be a bit overwhelming. We’ll help you secure a car if yours is damaged in the crash. We can provide a list of service providers if you need home health care. We’ll help you obtain the documentation you need for your employer in case you cannot go back to work right away, or help you with your application for Social security Disability benefits.
Whatever troubles you might face our Rock Hill injury lawyers are there to help. You can trust McGowan, Hood, Felder & Phillips, LLC, to look after your best interests and help you secure the assistance you need. You don’t have to face this alone. Let our family help your family the way we’ve helped so many others throughout South Carolina for so many years.
The Rock Hill attorneys you want on your side after a serious truck accident
Dealing with the aftermath of a truck accident is hard; choosing the right injury lawyer to fight for you shouldn’t be. McGowan, Hood, Felder & Phillips, LLC, has provided families in Rock Hill and throughout South Carolina with the right kind of representation for decades. Rely on us to help you protect yourself and your family. To schedule a free initial consultation with a Rock Hill truck accident lawyer who knows what it takes to win, please call 803-327-7800 or fill out our contact form.