Meet South Carolina Injury Attorney Amanda Pittman (“Mandy”)
Mandy Pittman is an associate in the Columbia office where she focuses on medical malpractice, nursing home, and personal injury cases.
Before joining the team at McGowan, Hood, Felder & Phillips, Mandy practiced at an insurance defense/subrogation firm and then at a personal injury firm. In 2019 and 2022, she earned the title of one of Midlands Legal Elite in the area of Personal Injury; in 2023, she was named to Midlands Legal Elite for Personal Injury and Medical Malpractice. She has also been recognized as one of Best Lawyers’® “Ones to Watch,” 2021-2024.
Mandy is involved in numerous legal organizations. Within the South Carolina Bar, Mandy serves as Communications Chair on the Professional Responsibility Committee; she is also a member of the Ethics Advisory Committee. She is also very involved in the Richland County Bar where she serves as the chair of the Membership Committee and also serves on the Wellness and Diversity Committees. Mandy is a member of the John Belton O’Neall Inn of Court where is currently serving as the Webmaster. She is also a member of the Southern Trial Lawyers Association and the American Association for Justice. Finally, Mandy is a member of the South Carolina Association for Justice and serves on its Board of Governors.
A small-town girl at heart, Mandy grew up in Lugoff, South Carolina. After graduating from Lugoff-Elgin High School, Mandy attended Presbyterian College, where she was inducted into three academic honor societies: Sigma Kappa Alpha, Phi Alpha Theta, and Sigma Tau Delta. She then attended the University of South Carolina School of Law where she was an active member of the Mock Trial Bar and received a CALI award in three courses – Problems in Professional Responsibility, Advanced Legal Writing, and Sales. A CALI award signifies that a student earned the highest grade out of every student in the course.
On a personal note, Mandy is a South Carolina “Ultimate Outsider,” meaning she has visited all 47 state parks. When she is not hiking or exploring, Mandy enjoys putting together jigsaw puzzles, spending time with family, and attending Calvary Baptist Church.
- Medical Malpractice
- Personal Injury
- Nursing Home Abuse & Neglect
- University of South Carolina School of Law, JD
- Mock Trial Bar
- CALI Award winner: Problems in Professional Responsibility, Advanced Legal Writing, and Sales
- Presbyterian College, BS
- Sigma Kappa Alpha
- Phi Alpha Theta
- Sigma Tau Delta
- South Carolina, 2012
- American Association for Justice
- John Belton O’Neall Inn of Court
- Richland County Bar
- Membership Committee, Chair
- Wellness Committee, Member
- Diversity Committee, Member
- South Carolina Association for Justice
- South Carolina Bar
- Professional Responsibility Committee, Communications Chair
- Ethics Advisory Committee, Member
- Southern Trial Lawyers Association
- Best Lawyers “Ones to Watch,” 2021-2024
- Midlands Legal Elite, Columbia Business Monthly,2019, 2022-2023
- Excerpt of closing argument from my first trial, The Lost Art: An Advocate's Guide to Effective Opening Statements and Closing Arguments, 4th Edition, 2016.