Skilled Anderson Medical Malpractice Attorney On Your Side
Holding South Carolina hospitals, doctors, and healthcare providers accountable
Doctors and hospitals are usually lifesavers. Tragically, there also times when health provider mistakes cause deaths and harm. Some mistakes can require a lifetime of care. Other mistakes may be correctible with additional surgeries or treatment. Doctors and health workers must comply with reasonable medical standards. If they cause harm through poor training, inattention, carelessness, they can be held accountable. At McGowan, Hood & Felder, LLC, our Anderson medical malpractice lawyers have the resources and skills to bring well-prepared claims against wrongdoers.
Comprehensive medical malpractice representation
There are many different ways in which medical malpractice or negligence can occur. Some of the common types of cases we handle include:
- Diagnostic errors. Doctors who fail to timely or correctly diagnose cancer, heart disease, diabetes, or other illnesses can cause a person to die because of a lack of crucial treatment. We hold doctors who make an incorrect diagnosis accountable.
- Emergency room errors. ER physicians make mistakes for many reasons. Some fail to see a severely injured or ill patient in time. Doctors can fail to admit a patient when needed. They can diagnose the wrong problem or even the wrong patient. Being rushed or unsure is not an excuse. ER doctors should examine each patient in a calm and professional manner.
- Surgical mistakes. Cardiologists, orthopedists, and other surgeons can make many kinds of mistakes. They can operate on the wrong patient or the incorrect part of the body. They may use the wrong procedure or may not address known risks in surgery. Leaving a medical device or item in a patient happens more than people think. Surgeons who commit medical malpractice should be held responsible for the injuries they cause.
- Hospital malpractice. Hospitals are responsible for the oversight of the doctors who work in their facility. They need to address many issues, such as contagious diseases, infection, and the sterility of medical equipment. They also have to make sure patients do not slip and fall on hospital grounds.
- Prescription drug errors. We review each medication the patient took and the amount of each dosage. If a patient was given the wrong drug or the wrong amount of the right drug, then we bring claims against the responsible parties, including doctors and pharmacists.
- Lack of informed consent. Patients have a right to know the risks for each operation, medical procedure, and treatment. Doctors who fail to advise patients of the risks can be held accountable if the patient did not approve the medical task, even if the medical procedure was a success.
McGowan, Hood & Felder, LLC, is one of South Carolina’s most trusted law firm in the area of obstetrical malpractice. If your life or the life of your child was put in danger, our skilled attorneys can help. Negligent OB practices like inadequate testing, failing to monitor the baby for signs of fetal distress, medication errors and post-partum negligence can all lead to a serious birth injury. In the most tragic of circumstances, it can lead to the death of the mother or the child. Our OB malpractice attorneys have helped families throughout South Carolina obtain the compensation they need to secure their future, and we want to help you, too.
No healthcare provider likes to admit they made a mistake. Our Anderson medical malpractice lawyers fight to show hospitals, doctors, technicians, nurses, pharmacists, and other medical care providers failed to properly protect their patients and customers. Many times, we review the case with independent medical professionals.
Talk to a strong Anderson medical malpractice lawyer now
Don’t suffer in silence. One of our experienced Anderson medical malpractice attorneys can answer your questions, review your medical conditions with your doctors and independent doctors, and work towards determining why the malpractice happened. We fight for each client as if they were part of our family. Call 888-302-7546 or fill out our contact form to schedule a free consultation at our Anderson, South Carolina office.