Rock Hill Auto Accident Attorneys Providing Trusted Counsel Victims and Their Families
Protecting injured South Carolina residents in when traffic collisions occur
An injury occurs to a South Carolina driver, passenger, or pedestrian once every 16 minutes. Car accident injuries can cause broken bones, head trauma, respiratory problems, damage to the spinal cord, whiplash, and even death. Injury victims often lose the ability to earn a living for some time. These injuries often mean physical pain, emotional anxiety, and the inability to enjoy life and do daily tasks. At McGowan, Hood & Felder, LLC, our Rock Hill auto accident attorneys are ready to help the injured and the families of deceased victims get the help they need.
Common types of car collisions
There are many types of vehicle accidents, involving cars, trucks, and motorcycles. Our Rock Hill auto accident lawyers handle all kinds of vehicle crashes, including:
- Multi-vehicles accidents
- Intersection accidents
- Head-on crashes between two vehicles
- Rear-end accidents
- Accidents due to poor road surfaces
We demand fault damages, including lost wages, medical bills, and pain and suffering. We also demand compensation for disfigurement, such as the loss of an arm and scarring. If someone dies, we bring claims for damages on behalf of the family members. If a driver was reckless or drove while inebriated, we may bring a claim for punitive damages because their conduct was completely unjustified.
Common causes of auto accidents
The way a crash happens often is key to proving who was responsible. The manner of the crash also helps to verify the severity of the injuries. Our Rock Hill car accident lawyers understand how to prove fault. We do this by conducting a thorough investigation, speaking with witnesses, and working with traffic reconstruction experts when necessary.
Some of the reasons accidents occur include:
- Driver distraction. Drivers need to be focused on the traffic around them. Just a momentary lapse can have serious consequences. Common distractions include texting while driving, talking on a smartphone, and playing with the radio or CD player.
- Driving while drunk or on drugs. Drunk drivers do not have control of their vehicle. In addition to fighting for compensation from the drunk driver, we also bring claims against the car owners and taverns who knowingly served someone who was under the influence and allowed them to drive.
- Disregard of traffic laws and safety. Drivers who fail to obey stop signs, exceed the speed limit, pass illegally, or violate any state or local traffic laws can be held accountable for their wrongs. Drivers who obey the law can still be held accountable if they failed to use reasonable care.
- Driving recklessly. Drivers who have no regard for the safety of the others can be sued for punitive damages in addition to fault damages. Reckless driving includes drunk driving, driving at extremely high speeds, driving in opposing lanes, and other misconduct.
- Defective car parts. Car manufacturers, distributors, and retailers have a duty to provide safe, non-defective products. Cars and car parts should be designed properly, should be made with quality materials, and should be clear on which parts are right for specific cars.
Car accidents also happen because roads are not designed properly or maintained in a timely and efficient manner. Teenage drivers often fail to obey traffic laws and drive while distracted. Our Rock Hill car accident lawyers are prepared to represent clients no matter the cause of the accident.
Get help now by contacting our Rock Hill, South Carolina office
At McGowan, Hood & Felder, LLC, we understand how devastating a car accident can be. The force of large vehicles at even moderate speeds can cause loved ones to die and victims to suffer catastrophic or long-term injuries. We have nearly 20 attorneys who are ready to help you fight for full compensation. You can call us at 888-302-7546 or complete our contact form to schedule a free consultation at our Rock Hill, South Carolina office.