Greenville Personal Injury Lawyers
Advocating for seriously injured throughout South Carolina
Whether it was a car crash caused by a distracted driver or medical malpractice from a doctor’s mistake, unforeseen events cause serious injury and death every day. When you have been injured as a result of the negligent actions or failure to act on the part of another, you may be able to take legal action against the at-fault party.
At the Greenville, South Carolina serious personal injury law firm of McGowan, Hood & Felder, LLC, we are here to protect the rights of those hurt by the actions of others. We fight to recover maximum compensation when your injuries were caused by someone else’s negligence. Our experienced Greenville serious personal injury lawyers offer a free consultation to discuss your case. We do not charge you any attorney’s fees in any case unless we have recovered compensation for you.
What types of injury cases do we help clients with?
As a full-service personal injury law firm, McGowan, Hood & Felder, LLC, represents clients in every type of negligence injury case, including the following:
- Serious and catastrophic injuries: Sometimes an injury is so severe the person’s life will never be the same. Victims are left unable to care for themselves, work, or participate fully in their lives. Injuries such as spinal cord injuries which can leave a person paralyzed; burn injuries can cause disfiguring scars and psychological wounds; and traumatic amputation can leave you unable to move without assistance. Our Greenville serious injury attorneys work with life care planning specialists to help determine the long-term costs of care and make sure that we recover enough compensation to provide for the client’s needs into the future.
- Medical malpractice cases: We trust our doctors to heal and mend our illnesses and injuries, but sometimes they make mistakes that can cause catastrophic injuries. From OB/GYN negligence that causes injury to the laboring mother or birth injuries to a precious newborn, to wrong site surgery, we can help clients recover compensation for their injuries.
- Wrongful death cases: If your loved one’s death was caused by someone else’s negligence—in a car crash, medical mistake, or an act of violence – we fight for justice on his or her behalf to recover compensation for your losses, and to help you protect your family into the future.
- Defective medical devices and dangerous drug cases: We handle all manner of defective device and dangerous drug cases. If you took a drug meant to treat your symptoms, but it caused adverse effects instead, or if the metal parts of an artificial hip implant are poisoning your blood, we hold the responsible party accountable for your pain and suffering and other losses.
- Workplace injuries: If you sustained a workplace injury, we can guide you. If the injury was caused by a defective tool or piece of machinery, or if you were injured on a client’s worksite, you may be able to file a third-party personal injury lawsuit which offers recovery beyond what workers’ compensation might pay.
- Premises liability: When a property owner fails in his or her duty to maintain safe premises for visitors, and you are injured because of a foreseeable or preventable hazard, you may have grounds for a premises liability lawsuit. It could be a slip and fall that causes a head injury, negligent security which allows a resort guest to be assaulted, or a child severely injured in an animal attack by a neighborhood dog. We fight for justice for those who are injured because of the negligence of others.
What are examples of the types of injuries our clients have sustained?
Some of the different types of injuries our clients have sustained include:
- Traumatic brain injury
- Spinal cord injury
- High Medical Bills
What damages are available after an injury caused by someone else's negligence?
Our goal is to recover maximum compensation for you after an injury caused by the negligence of another. Our experienced Greenville serious personal injury attorneys investigate the incident, gather evidence to support your claim, and present the case on your behalf. To prevail in an injury case, you must be able to prove that the other party’s negligence was the cause of your injury.
Some of the different types of compensation which are economic and non-economic damages include:
- Medical expenses now and into the future
- Lost wages and benefits
- Disability or diminished earning capacity
- Pain and suffering
- Emotional distress
At McGowan, Hood & Felder, LLC, our attorneys have dedicated their lives to helping South Carolina families move through the often-difficult process of a serious personal injury claim. We fight for our clients to make sure that they receive maximum compensation after an injury
You can find our additional offices in:
- Rock Hill
We represent residents of Greenville and its surrounding areas in serious personal injury claims
The official Greenville website lists the following numbers information:
- The non-emergency phone number for the Greenville police department is 864-232-2273
- The non-emergency phone number for the fire department is 864-467-4445
For emergencies, dial 911 or if you live in Greenville, you can text 911
Important local government offices and information
- Greenville, SC Municipal Court: 206 Main Street, Greenville, SC 29601
- Greenville County Magistrate Courts: Greenville County Square 301 University Ridge
- South Carolina Board of Medical Examiners Complaint Form
- South Carolina Board of Nursing: 110 Centerview Dr. Columbia, S.C.
- Greenville Memorial Hospital
- GHS Patewood Memorial Hospital
- Bon Secours St. Francis Health System
- North Greenville Hospital (Travelers Rest)
- Hillcrest Memorial Hospital (Simpsonville)
- Pelhman Medical Center (Greer)
- Medical University of South Carolina Burn Center (Pediatric Burns Only)
McGowan, Hood & Felder, LLC is here for all your personal injury law needs. We protect the rights of the injured and we make sure that they can recover the maximum compensation. We offer a free consultation to hear your story and advise you about your next steps.
Call McGowan, Hood & Felder in Greenville for a free consultation
When you have been injured and you are facing new and unknown challenges in your life, please call our law firm and ask for help. It is reassuring to have someone fighting for your interests. You can call 803-327-7800, or fill out our contact form, to schedule a free consultation and discuss your case at one of our offices throughout South Carolina.
135 Edinburgh Court
Greenville, SC 29607