Georgetown Auto Accident Attorneys On Your Side After A Crash
Experienced litigation for car crash victims throughout South Carolina
The consequences of an automobile accident have the potential to be catastrophic or even fatal. Millions of car crashes occur each year in the United States, leaving millions of individuals injured. While a number of these resulting injuries are minor, many are substantially more serious and require significant medical treatments. If you were injured in an automobile accident, seek medical assistance first. Then contact an experienced Georgetown automobile accident attorney at McGowan, Hood & Felder, LLC, as soon as possible to discuss the merits of your case and take steps to file a claim.
Understanding the auto accident claims process
When motor vehicle accidents occur, injured parties hope that the payout will simply result from filing an insurance company claim. However, this is often not the reality. Vehicle accident cases have the potential to quickly become more complex to resolve. Insurance company adjustors may outright deny the claim or make the process as difficult as possible. This makes the process far more challenging and time-consuming. If the insurance company refuses the claim, a complaint must be filed in the courts in order to pursue compensation. This process generally requires evidence gathering, witness statements, and testimony in front of the court. The assistance of a skilled Georgetown auto accident lawyer is extremely valuable in these situations, where court rules and procedural regulations make or break a claim for damages.
Comprehensive motor vehicle accident litigation
Automobile accidents occur in a variety of situations, but some of the most common circumstances include:
- Car accidents. The most common of all motor vehicle accidents, car accidents have the potential to be life-altering. From minor injuries and property damage to debilitating injuries and death, these accidents should not be taken lightly. Many things can cause car crashes, including drunk driving, speeding, distracted driving, reckless driving, and disobeying traffic laws. Once your attorney proved fault, we work to get you the compensation you need to aid in your recovery.
- Trucking accidents. While all vehicle accidents are serious, trucking accidents are particularly dangerous due to the substantial size of the tractor trailer. When these massive vehicles collide with a passenger car, the consequences are often severe. Victims are left with the physical and mental pain, as well as the financial hardship of medical expenses and lost time from work. Asserting a truck accident claim often proves challenging due to the various parties that may be found liable. Along with the driver, the owner of the truck or the manufacturer of the vehicle’s parts may also face some liability.
- Motorcycle accidents. With millions of motorcycles on the roadways, accidents involving motorcyclists are extremely common. Unfortunately, research shows that biker injuries are generally more serious than injuries for passenger vehicle occupants. Broken bones, traumatic brain injuries, and road rash are common conditions resulting from motorcycle crashes. These types of injuries may require considerable medical treatments and the cost can quickly escalate to astonishing levels, leaving the injured party with extensive medical bills and hardships.
Automobile accidents may result in substantial physical, mental, and financial complications. These hardships are not limited to the injured party, but often extend to their family members as well. In consideration of these challenges, a knowledgeable Georgetown personal injury lawyer will fight for adequate compensation and pursue various damages, including:
- The cost of present and future medical expenses
- Loss of past and present wages
- Loss or decline of future earning potential
- Applicable property damage
- Burial expenses, if applicable
- Loss of consortium by a spouse or family member
- Punitive damages, which punish the at-fault party for reckless behaviors
To learn more about how to proceed after a crash, turn to our Georgetown auto accident lawyers today.
Let our experienced attorneys guide you through your Georgetown auto accident injury claim
The Georgetown vehicle accident attorneys at McGowan, Hood & Felder, LLC, can help you prove fault and fight for compensation after an accident. We understand the legal process and are prepared to guide you through it with compassion and skill. Call us today at 803-327-7800 or fill out our contact form to make an appointment for a free consultation at our Georgetown, South Carolina office.