Are You or Someone You Love the Victim of Human Trafficking?
Are you being controlled and unable to leave your trafficker? Have you escaped your trafficker but now need legal assistance? Let us help!
McGowan, Hood, Felder & Phillips, LLC
Is fighting to protect victims of human trafficking in South Carolina
The scourge of human trafficking affects every state in the country, but McGowan, Hood, Felder & Phillips, LLC is fighting back. We help victims of sex trafficking and human trafficking seek justice from their traffickers and take back control of their lives and futures. If you are a victim of trafficking right now or have been a victim in the past, we want to help you.
How do I know if I am a victim of human trafficking? Women, children, and men of all ages and nationalities can be victims of human trafficking. Traffickers often target vulnerable populations, including runaways, victims of abuse, immigrants, and people living in shelters or on the streets. They may promise meals, a warm bed, and a sense of belonging. Often, traffickers will groom their victims into believing they “owe” their captors something. As such, victims of human trafficking may not even realize they are being abused or trafficked.
Common indicators of human trafficking include:
- Being unable to travel freely;
- Working excessively long or unusual hours;
- Being denied pay, or being forced to seek payment through third-parties;
- Being denied access to money, travel documents, or ID;
- Having your actions constantly monitored;
- Being subjected to physical abuse;
- Forced sexual contact without your consent, or being forced into sex acts;
- Being “branded” or tattooed;
- Being denied access to your friends and loved ones;
- Being forced to refer to your captors and/or other victims as your “family;”
- Being forced to attend social functions to recruit new members of your “family;”
- Being denied access to clean clothes, food, and/or clean water.
McGowan, Hood, Felder & Phillips, LLC is fighting for survivors of human trafficking. If you or someone you love is a victim of human trafficking in South Carolina, we are ready and able to help. Please fill out the contact form located above to schedule your free consultation with an attorney. You can also call us at 803-902-4760. If you do not feel comfortable calling us, please call the National Human Trafficking Hotline at 1-888-373-7888 (Toll free). Get yourself help today.