Meet North Carolina Medical Malpractice Attorney Deborah Griffin Casey
A native Charlottean, Ms. Casey received her Bachelor’s degree in Medical Technology (with a minor in Chemistry) from Western Carolina University. She has practiced in the area of laboratory medicine in both a clinic and hospital setting, rising to the position of Chemistry/Immunology Supervisor. She has participated in formulating policies and procedures for the laboratory, and has implemented numerous quality assurance measures for Chemistry and Immunology departments. Ms. Casey has also worked as a technical representative for a major manufacturer of laboratory equipment, traveling throughout the United States to instruct customers in the use and maintenance of various laboratory instruments.
Ms. Casey attended Cumberland School of Law at Samford University in Birmingham, Alabama and received her juris doctorate in 1991. While attending Cumberland, she was a member of the editorial staff for the Journal of Trial Advocacy and an Associate Justice with the Henry Upton Sims Moot Court Board. She is a published author and has lectured to physicians and nurses regarding risk management and other medical/legal issues. Ms. Casey is also a certified mediator and has participated as mediator in a number of cases.
Ms. Casey has practiced in the area of medical malpractice litigation for ten years and has represented both physicians and patients. She feels strongly that this experience gives her a unique perspective into the issues surrounding medical malpractice litigation. She currently limits her practice to representation of patients and their families. Her priority is guiding the client through the legal process with skill and compassion, providing sound legal advice that will enable them to make informed decisions that ultimately lead to a satisfactory conclusion to their case. With verdicts and settlements in excess of two million dollars, Ms. Casey is a proven and knowledgeable advocate for those who have been injured through the negligence of a health care provider.
Areas of Practice
- Health and Health Care Law
- 80% Medical Malpractice
- Motor Vehicle Accidents – Plaintiff
- 20% Personal Injury – Plaintiff
- 100% of Practice Devoted to Litigation
- North Carolina, 1991
- U.S. District Court Western District of North Carolina, 1991
- U.S. District of Court Middle District of North Carolina, 1991
- U.S. Court of Appeals 4th Circuit, 1991
- Cumberland School of Law, Samford University, Birmingham, Alabama, 1991 J.D.
- Western Carolina, Cullowhee, NC, USA, 1976 B.S.
- Major: Medical Technology
- Minor: Chemistry
Professional Associations and Memberships
- North Carolina Bar Association, Member
- Mecklenburg County Bar Association, Member
- American Association for Justice (AAJ), Member
- North Carolina Academy of Trial Lawyers, Member
- Bobbitt Inns of Court, Member