Justice for Burn Victims
Our South Carolina Injury Lawyers Will Fight for You
Burns are complicated injuries that affect multiple body functions and parts, including skin, muscles, nerves, blood vessels and bone. Many types of accidents can cause burn injuries, including car accidents, motorcycle accidents, industrial accidents and trucking accidents, to name a few.
Burn injuries are some of the most horrific and traumatizing injuries a human being can bear; serious burns are painful, disfiguring, psychologically damaging and often fatal. Severe burn victims often face months of painful medical procedures and rehabilitation, and may face years – or even a lifetime – of emotional damage. Severe injuries such as burns can significantly change your life and your loved ones’ lives.
When someone else’s negligence leaves you with serious burn injuries, you deserve compensation to help you cope with the high medical bills and the egregious pain and suffering you have endured. The South Carolina injury attorneys at McGowan, Hood & Felder, LLC have years of experience helping personal injury victims obtain justice from those whose negligence has hurt them. We have the knowledge, experience and resources to provide burn victims with powerful legal counsel and representation in their times of need.
Types of Burn Injuries
- Radiation Burns. Radiation burns may be caused by X-rays, radiation therapy for cancer treatment, or tanning beds. Sunburn also falls under the category of radiation burns. Even a malfunctioning light bulb can cause radiation burns; the bulbs – often used in places such as school gyms, where their bright light can illuminate the large space – may crack and expose people to shortwave radiation.
- Thermal Burns. Thermal burn injury is common and may be caused by flame, steam, hot metals, hot oil or grease, hot liquids (“scald burns”), fireworks, space heaters, electrical malfunctions, or improperly stored flammable liquids such as gasoline. Thermal burns resulting from explosions – such as from gas tanks, car accidents, boat accidents, and airplane accidents – can be swift and severe when fuel and clothing ignite.
- Inhalation Burns. A burn injury to the airways can be caused by inhaling smoke, steam or toxic fumes. The injury may be intensified if the victim is inhaling within a poorly ventilated space.
- Electrical Burns. Electrical burns can have many causes including high voltage wires, damaged electrical cords and electrical outlets. The internal injuries that may result from an electrical burn are not always evident in that the visible burns may simply be small entry and exit points of the electrical current.
- Chemical Burns. The chemical compounds that can cause moderate to severe burns include strong acids or bases; these compounds are found in cleaning products, battery fluid, pool chemicals, and drain cleaners.
The South Carolina injury lawyers at McGowan, Hood & Felder, LLC have the experience, the knowledge and the compassion to help burn victims and their families obtain justice. If you or a family member have suffered a serious burn because of someone else’s negligent behavior, contact the South Carolina injury lawyers at McGowan, Hood & Felder, LLC today for a free consultation. Attorneys in our Rock Hill, Columbia, Sumter and Anderson office locations represent clients throughout Charleston, Spartanburg, Florence, Sumter and Myrtle Beach and all parts of South Carolina. We can help you pick up the pieces – your life is our mission. Call now.